Learn how to apply for a variety of licences, permits and rentals with the Town of Innisfil.

Building permits

If you're starting a new building or renovation project, you may need a building permit. This includes projects such as adding a new deck, fence or swimming pool, adding a new accessory structure to your property, and more.

Burn permits

Burn permits are required for outdoor fires larger than 0.5 metres in size, meant for burning brush or scrap wood.

Development applications

Development applications are required for certain types of projects, such as commercial developments, subdivisions, and other proposed uses. Learn how to submit a development application if you have a development proposal located in the Town.

Dog licences

If you have a dog in Innisfil, you must purchase a dog licence. We issue licences and tags to help protect your pets and keep them safe.

Facility requests

Looking to rent a Town facility? We offer facility rentals for community events, birthday parties, socials and more.

Heritage alteration permits

If your property is on the Municipal Heritage Register or within the Cookstown Heritage Conservation District, you may need to apply for a heritage alteration permit before performing exterior renovations, removals or additions.

Liquor sales licences

Businesses applying to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for a new liquor sales licence or changes to an existing liquor licence must receive municipal clearance

Lottery licences

We issue lottery licences to eligible charitable and religious organizations looking to raise funds through bingo events, raffles, break open tickets and social games.

Marriage licences

You need a marriage licence in order to get married in the Province of Ontario. Looking to tie the knot in Innisfil? Register for a marriage licence and check out our wedding and civil marriage ceremony services.

Noise exemption permits

If you're hosting an event or doing construction work in a residential area or at a certain time, you may need a noise exemption permit.

Pool fill permits

In order to fill a pool by connecting to a supply of water from a fire hydrant in Innisfil, you must apply for a pool fill permit.

Road permits

We issue a variety of road-related permits, such as right of way permits, oversized load permits and entrance permits.

Sale of surplus land

Our Sale and Other Disposition of Land Policy sets out the procedure for declaring and disposing of surplus land owned by the Town of Innisfil. The policy includes a Land Disposition Application form for applicants interested in acquiring Town property to complete. 

Shoreline permits

A shoreline permit is required for any residential property owner with frontage on Lake Simcoe to build or extend a home, boathouse or dock, perform lot grading or remove trees. A shoreline permit combines zoning, minor variance, site plan, site alteration and grading, and tree removal approvals into one permit and application for streamlined processes and efficiency!

Site alteration permits

If you're placing fill, altering the grade of land, or removing topsoil for agricultural or development purposes, you may need to apply for a site alteration permit. Review our Site Alteration By-law for a list of exemptions and more information. 

Special event permits

If you are holding an event on property owned by the Town, such as a celebration, festival, parade, race, walk-a-thon or block party, you may need to apply for a special event permit.