The Town of Innisfil's Planning Services provides land use and development guidance to our fast-growing community.

Official Plan and zoning

Our Official Plan and Zoning By-law regulate land use in our community. Your development project needs to comply with the Official Plan and Zoning By-law.

Committee of Adjustment

You can apply for a minor variance to the Zoning By-law through the Committee of Adjustment. Before applying for a variance, you will need to book a pre-consultation meeting. View our Committee of Adjustment public hearing dates and review the application process.

Development applications

All new developments require a development application. Before you submit an application, you need to book a pre-consultation meeting to discuss your project and review the application process with our Staff. Review our development applications to find all our application forms.

Site Plan Control

Most development projects will require an approved Site Plan Control Application. A site plan outlines the technical high-level design elements of a development project.

Shoreline permits

Any property with frontage on Lake Simcoe requires a Shoreline Permit to build or extend structures or to alter natural elements of the property. Learn about the application process and apply today.

Development charges

Depending on your development project, you may have to pay development charges to cover the cost of infrastructure to support the new development.