If you're hosting an event or doing construction work in a residential area or at a certain time, you may need a noise exemption permit. For example, you need a noise exemption permit for any activity on your property that exceeds the noise limits and prohibited times outlined in the Town of Innisfil's Noise By-law.

Apply for a noise exemption permit

Please complete the Noise Exemption Permit Application and submit it by email to atangney@innisfil.ca. Make sure to apply at least two weeks in advance of the event date so that we can review and process your request. 


If you are a property owner in Innisfil and are applying to work on, or hold an event on your own property, there is no application fee. If you are not a property owner in Innisfil, or not working on, or holding an event on your own property, it will cost $376 to apply for a noise exemption permit.

When do I need a noise exemption permit?

Please review the Noise By-law to find out the permitted noise levels and times of day for all properties in Innisfil. Some activities may include:

  • Parties and backyard weddings
  • Commercial events taking place outside regular business hours
  • Construction activities outside permitted hours

Please note that noise exemptions are not granted for Sundays in residential areas. Amplified sounds are not permitted in residential areas at any time.

Construction noise

You will need a noise exemption permit if you're doing commercial construction in a residential area on Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Your permit is valid for the current calendar year.

Permit holders

Review our permit holders for 2023.

Permit holderLocationExemption period

Ministry of Transportation

Highway 400 and 6th Line

Evenings and weekends as needed

Ballymore Homes

LSAMI P3, Lefroy

Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. excluding holiday weekends


34 Big Bay Point Rd

Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. excluding holiday weekends