Nominate someone for Innisfil's Community Volunteer Award!
Volunteers are an important part of our community, giving of their time and energy on a regular basis to benefit others. They are able to provide services, connection and engagement as well as bring the community together. The benefit of their service is great and recognition is one way to highlight the value they add to our everyday life.
To be eligible for the Award, the nominee, whether an individual or a group, must meet at least one of the following criteria. The nominee must have:
- made a regular contribution of a volunteer nature which has had a special or significant impact on the community, contributing unselfishly to improving the lives of others over an extended period of time;
- volunteered in unique circumstances that made a large impact on the community in a short period of time.
- devoted time and energy to improve social, cultural and/or recreational conditions in Innisfil;
- provided a strong ongoing contribution to the betterment of the community; or brought honour to Innisfil by volunteering outside of their own community, province or country for the betterment of humanity.
- made an exemplary volunteer effort while overcoming their own personal challenges.
- Previous nominees and recipients (except the previous year's Community Volunteer Award recipient) are eligible to be nominated.
- Nominees will be considered regardless of age.
- Nominees must be available to participate on the Selection Committee the following year.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- The intake for nominations will occur annually during February and March.
- The Selection Committee will review all nominations and will choose the recipient for the Innisfil Community Volunteer Award. All community volunteers will be recognized at a celebration in April of each year.
- This award is to recognize individuals who have given their time and energy voluntarily.
- The Selection Committee has the option to choose more than one individual, or a group of individuals to receive a Community Volunteer Award.
Download and fill out the application form and send it by 4:30 p.m. March 19, 2018.
Please deliver nominations by mail or in person to:
The Corporation of the Town of Innisfil
“Community Volunteer Award”
C/O Jen Martin, Leisure Services Department
2101 Innisfil Beach Road,
Innisfil, ON L9S 1A1
Or via e-mail.