SUBMITTING A PETITION TO COUNCIL
The attached template is to be used by individuals wanting to initiate a Petition to be submitted to the Town of Innisfil to identify a subject requiring attention. The Clerk shall not accept any Petition that is not signed.
As per Section 39 of the Town’s Procedural By-law No. 002-18:
- The Clerk may schedule up to five (5) presentations of Petitions at a Regular Meeting with each one not lasting more than three (3) minutes. The subject matter of a Petition need not relate to a matter on the Agenda.
- The Clerk shall refuse to schedule a Petition presentation and not place a Petition on the Information List where the subject matter:
- involves insurance claims;
- involves administrative complaints that have not been reported and investigated through the Customer Service process;
- is beyond the jurisdiction of Council
- involves current or pending litigation; or
- is contrary to MFIPPA.
- Signatories to a Petition are deemed to have waived any expectation of privacy as a result of the record being created for review by the general public.
- Petitions shall contain the printed name, signature (digital signatures accepted), and some contact information of the individuals signing it. Signatures without contact information shall be redacted by the individual or group submitting the Petition.