Need a Marriage Licence?

Request now online only.

Marriage Licence Application Information

Couples wishing to get married in Ontario require a valid Ontario Marriage Licence, which can be purchased from the Town. Marriage licences are valid for a period of three months (90 days) from the issue date and must be given to the Marriage Officiant prior to the ceremony.

Looking for more information on the Wedding Ceremony? Click here

Where Can I Obtain A Marriage Licence?
Marriage licences may be obtained from Clerks Services by completing the online form.
Both applicants must complete and sign the Application, but only one applicant needs to be present when picking up the completed Marriage License at the Town Office. A marriage licence can only be issued to the applicant(s).
How Much Does It Cost?
The Licence Fee is $155.00 (HST included). Please note that payment must be in the form of cash or debit. Cheques will not be accepted. This fee is non-refundable.
What Do I Need To Bring For Identification?
2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married.  One piece of identification must include your photo.
Examples of government-issued identification:
Government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
Valid passport
Record of immigrant landing
Canadian Citizenship Card
Valid driver’s licence
Valid Ontario Photo Card
How Long Does It Take To Get The Licence?
Marriage Licences are being processed through the online application form. You will be required to make an appointment with Clerks Services to pick up your completed marriage licence.
What Are The Age Requirements?
Both applicants must be 18 years of age or older. If you are 16 or 17 years of age, parental consent is required. Please contact Clerk Services at the Town of Innisfil at 705-436-3710 for further information. If you are under the age of 16 years you may not marry in the Province of Ontario.
Divorced Applicants
Applicants who have been previously married will be required to provide the following:
If divorced within Canada, you must provide either the original or a certified copy of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce. Certification may be obtained through the Courts. These documents will be returned to you immediately.
If you were divorced, or your the marriage was dissolved or annulled outside of Canada, you must obtain authorization from the Minister of Government Services before a marriage licence can be issued to you. Please visit the Service Ontario website or contact the Clerk’s Office at 436-3710 to obtain further information.
You can complete the Marriage Licence Application Form and submit it to Clerks Services to be processed.

Request now online only.

Marriage Certificate

After the ceremony, you will receive your Record of Solemnization of Marriage from the person who performed the ceremony.  This document includes the couple’s names, the date of the marriage, the names of your witnesses.  This is not a Marriage Certificate or a legal record.  You still need a Marriage Certificate.
The official who performed the marriage will send the completed and signed marriage licence to ServiceOntario, you can order a marriage certificate about 12 weeks after your ceremony.

Contact Us

For more information about getting your marriage licence or booking a civil marriage ceremony, please contact the Clerk’s Services at 705-436-3710.