In 2018, the Town of Innisfil passed By-law 104-18 under Section 2 of the Development Charges Act, 1997 with respect to Town-wide and area-specific development charge rates. The charges will apply to all new residential and non-residential development, subject to certain terms, conditions and limited exemptions as identified therein.
When a developer is issued a building permit, the Town of Innisfil collects fees that are called development charges. These fees help cover the costs of building infrastructure so that new development can receive municipal services, e.g. roads, water and sewer infrastructure.
The Town of Innisfil development charges will be indexed annually on April 1 each year in accordance with the most recent twelve-month change in the Statistics Canada Quarterly, “Construction Price Statistics”. View the DC By-Law (Addendum Report 1 and Addendum Report 2) and 2018 DC Study.
- Development Charges Rates Pamphlet – Effective July 1, 2020
- Development Charges Rates Pamphlet – Effective April 1, 2021
County of Simcoe
- Notice of DC By-law 104-18 Passage
- By-law No. 104-18 Impose Development Charges for the Recovery of Growth-Related Capital Costs
- By-law No. 001-14 Impose Development Charges for the Recovery of Growth-Related Capital Costs