The Town of Innisfil passed By-law 104-18 under Section 2 of the Development Charges Act, 1997 with respect to Town-wide and area-specific development charge rates. The charges will apply to all new residential and non-residential development, subject to certain terms, conditions and limited exemptions as identified therein.
When a developer is issued a building permit, the Town of Innisfil collects fees that are called development charges. These fees help cover the costs of building infrastructure so that new development can receive municipal services, e.g. roads, water and sewer infrastructure.
The Town of Innisfil development charges will be indexed annually on April 1 each year in accordance with the most recent twelve-month change in the Statistics Canada Quarterly, “Construction Price Statistics”.
Notice of Public Meeting
On October 20, 2021 at 6 p.m., Innisfil Council will hold a public meeting regarding proposed amended development charge rates and policies. View the Draft By-law Amendment for details. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic this meeting will be held virtually and will be livestreamed. You can watch the virtual meeting through the livestream feed on the Town’s YouTube Channel.
If you want to participate, please register online. Written comments received prior to the meeting and submissions made at the public meeting will be considered by Council. All submissions received will become part of a public record. For details, read the full Notice of Public Meeting.
- Development Charges Rates Pamphlet – Effective July 1, 2020
- Development Charges Rates Pamphlet – Effective April 1, 2021
County of Simcoe
- Notice of DC By-law 104-18 Passage
- By-law No. 104-18 Impose Development Charges for the Recovery of Growth-Related Capital Costs
- By-law No. 001-14 Impose Development Charges for the Recovery of Growth-Related Capital Costs
- Development Charges By-Law (Addendum Report 1 and Addendum Report 2).
Studies / Reports
- Innisfil Development Charges Background Study, Staff Consolidation Report 2014
- 2015 Development Charges – Annual Treasurer Report
- 2016 Development Charges – Annual Treasurer Report
- 2017 Development Charges – Annual Treasurer Report
- 2018 Development Charges – Annual Treasurer Report
- 2018 Development Charges Study
- 2021 Draft Development Charges Amendment Background Study