The Town of Innisfil has partnered with Uber to provide residents with safe, affordable and reliable transit.
What do you think of Innisfil's ridesharing transit service?
Let us know by filling out the online survey available at www.innisfil.ca/forum.
Sign up to use Innisfil Transit today
Download the free Uber app or create an account. You will need a credit card, debit-credit card, Uber gift card or paypal account. Once you have the app downloaded and installed you will have access to Innisfil's discounted fares, as long as you are within the town's boundaries. Be sure to select Innisfil Transit when booking your trip, and then drop a pin or enter the place or address of where you want to go.
Enjoy Affordable Rates
When you book a trip to one of the following destinations enjoy a flat fare:
- o $3 for any trip to/from Innisfil Recreational Complex/Town Hall area
- o $4 for any trip to/from closest GO bus stop along Yonge St (see our FAQ section for help on booking your trip to one of the GO bus stop locations)
- o $5 for any trip to/from Barrie South GO train station
- o $5 for any trip to/from Innisfil Heights Employment Area and Highway 400 carpool lot
- When you travel anywhere else going within, to or from Innisfil boundaries you'll save $5 off your fare.
If you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle please contact Barrie-Innisfil Taxi at 705-721-7777. You will enjoy the same great service and fares as mentioned above.
As an incentive, Uber will provide a credit of $20 towards your first trip. Be sure to enter the promo code - "innisfiltransit".
Innisfil Transit for Teens
The Town of Innisfil's ridesharing-transit partnership with Uber is the first of its kind in Canada. You can learn more about the background of this exciting initiative by checking out our FAQ section.
August 2017 Update
Learn more about the success of the Innisfil Transit program by reading the August 9, 2017 Memo to Council.