The toboggan hill at Innisfil Beach Park (676 Innisfil Beach Road, Lot G) is the only municipally maintained toboggan hill in Innisfil. The town is not responsible for any injury or property damage. All toboggan hills are unsupervised—use at your own risk!
All COVID-19 public health guidelines apply when sledding in our outdoor spaces:
- If you are feeling ill or displaying symptoms (i.e. fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, runny nose) or if you have come into contact with someone who has shown symptoms or has tested positive, please stay home.
- Read and follow all posted signs.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others at all times and especially while in places where people tend to congregate, such as parking lots.
- If physical distancing is difficult to maintain in the outdoor space, wear a face covering.
- Wash or sanitize your hands as you arrive.
- Do not share equipment with people outside of your household.
Safe tobogganing tips
Although tobogganing is fun, it comes with risks and many people are injured every year in sledding accidents. To be sure everyone has a safe sledding season, the following safety precautions are suggested whenever you go sledding:
- Use of CSA approved ski or hockey helmet is STRONGLY recommended
- Children must be supervised at all times while sledding
- Alcohol and drug use at the hill are prohibited
- Use care and caution, stay in control and avoid excessive speed
- Make sure the route is clear before proceeding down the hill
- Always face forward, do not slide head first
- Spinning saucers are prohibited
- Clear path quickly after stopping
- Do not alter hill or build jumps as they can be difficult to see and cause injury
- Walk up the sides of the sledding area
- Do not sled after dark on an unlit hill (hill closes at dusk)
- Tuck in all scarves, drawstrings and long toques
From time to time, the hill needs to be closed due to maintenance or hazardous conditions. Please respect the posted signage and stay off a closed hill. Report unsafe conditions to the Town of Innisfil at 705-436-3710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.