The beaches are unsupervised, please be responsible
- Children under 5 years of age and weak swimmers should wear life jackets when they are around the water. You and your children should always wear life jackets when riding in a boat.
- Supervise your children and Stay within sight and arm’s reach when your child is in or NEAR water.
- Everyone should always swim with a buddy.
- Never swallow beach water no matter how clear the water looks.
Beach Postings & Closures
- An advisory is a warning to swimmers but it is not a beach closure.
- During an advisory, the water contains levels of bacteria that could mean an increased risk of developing minor skin, eye, ear, nose and throat infections as well as stomach disorders.
- If you choose to swim during an advisory avoid submerging your head or swallowing the water.
A beach closure is issued when there is danger or an immediate risk to health. Sewage spills or toxic chemical releases are examples.
Beach closures are rare. Always check to see if there is a beach closure before heading out.