- Always practice safe physical distancing practices whenever you leave your home.
- Wash your hands for at least twenty seconds with soap and water when returning home.
- Share some good! Share your stories of helpful neighbours and ideas for keeping yourself and your family entertained by visiting Get Involved Innisfil: Coping with COVID-19.
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, use the Province of Ontario’s self-assessment tool to determine whether you need to seek further care. If symptoms worsen, contact your primary care provider or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. Please do not visit an assessment centre unless you have been referred by a healthcare professional. Do not call 911 unless it is an emergency.
Physical distancing involves taking steps to limit the number of people you come into close contact with. Physical distancing includes, but is not limited to:
- At work, talk to your supervisor, manager, or employer about the possibility of working from home where possible.
- Avoiding visits to long-term care homes, retirement homes, supportive housing, hospices and other congregate care settings unless the visit is absolutely essential.
- Avoiding non-essential trips in the community.
- If you have to go into the community for an essential trip via taxi or rideshare, be sure to keep the windows down.
- If possible, limit or consider cancelling group and neighbourhood gatherings.
- If you have meetings planned, consider doing them virtually instead of in-person.
- Whenever possible, spend time outside and in settings where people can maintain a 2 metres (6 feet) distance from each other.
Please note that these guidelines are not meant to say “you must stay in your home!” We simply recommend that while outside you make sure to avoid crowds and maintain a safe distance from others.
Remember: While you may not feel sick, and while we know these measures are an inconvenience, please be mindful of the members of our community who are more vulnerable to COVID-19 than others.
We are all in this together.