What is the School Zone -Traffic Safety Advisory Committee?
The purpose of the Committee is to provide advice or recommendations on matters respecting traffic safety specifically in school zones and may also be tasked with reviewing other traffic safety issues as required.
- Review, research, and provide advice and/or recommendations respecting traffic safety concerns, specifically within school zones.
- Review, research and provide advice and/or recommendations regarding other traffic safety matters that are within the Town’s jurisdiction, but are not covered by Town policies, or at the request of Council or the Project Manager, Roads, Traffic, and Transportation.
- Provide a venue for appeals of decisions made by Town Staff regarding Traffic Safety to be heard and reviewed.
- Brainstorm, investigate, research and liaise with any other persons or groups to fulfill the mandate or purpose of this Committee
The committee meeting dates are assigned as required and are posted on the Town’s website at least 48 hours in advance of a meeting. Committee agenda and meeting minutes are available one week in advance of the meetings. Due to COVID-19, meetings are held virtually. To request a delegation or to participate, contact Kevin Jacob, Assistant Clerk, at email@example.com.
- Sam Charles, Citizen Member
- Karlene Doyle, Citizen Member
- Lynda Lombard, Citizen Member
- Mayor Lynn Dollin, Chair
- Councillor Donna Orsatti, Council Representative and Vice Chair
- Councillor Bill Van Berkel, Council Representative
For general traffic-related inquiries, please contact Customer Service:
1-888-436-3710 (toll free)
Or visit us at 2101 Innisfil Beach Road, Innisfil ON.
For inquiries related to the committee, or for assistance completing a delegation form, please contact the Clerk’s Office
For more information on our most commonly asked questions and links to our policies, visit our Traffic Calming FAQs