- With increased surface water occurring, drainage is becoming a significantly larger issue that the Town must plan for in order to mitigate varying levels of liability. Many of these areas are directly adjacent to Lake Simcoe and therefore flooding in these areas also affects the water quality of the watershed.
Drainage improvement evaluations were completed for various roads in 2018. Though drainage improvement evaluations have been completed for these areas outlined above, Town staff have further re-prioritized the need for drainage improvements and developed a new prioritization list as outlined below based on operational need, Minimum Maintenance Standards and consultation with area residents.
- Simcoe Blvd Drainage Improvements: Construction took place and was completed in the summer/ fall 2019.
- Park Rd Drainage Improvements: Currently in design and is scheduled to be constructed in the summer of 2021.
- Tall Tree Lane, Bon Secour Crescent, Goodfellow Avenue, Buchanan Street, and Crystal Beach Road Drainage Improvements: Design of this project will begin in 2020.
- This project will continue to improve drainage issues throughout the Town beyond 2020.
On January 22, 2020, the Town of Innisfil hosted a Public Information Session in regards to the Park Road Drainage improvements. To view a copy of the presentation shown, click here or download a copy below.
Park Road Public Information Centre
TOWN OF INNISFIL
CLASS ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT
PARK ROAD DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS
NOTICE OF PROJECT
The Town of Innisfil (Town) has retained KSGS Engineering Corp. (KSGS) to conduct a Schedule ‘B’ Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA Study) for drainage improvements to Park Road. Improvements will consider opportunities to alleviate flooding concerns on private properties along Park Road and improve drainage characteristics through the Project site. Specifically, the study will consider the need to divert an existing ditch conveying flows from a large external area away from Park Road drainage system.
This Class EA Study is being conducted in accordance with Schedule ‘B’ of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment document. The Class EA Study process will include public and government agency consultation, identifications and evaluation of alternative solutions, and evaluate each alternative based on potential impacts to natural, social and economic environments. At the end of the study, a Project File Report consolidating the information gathered from the study process will be available for public review. Public Information Centre details will be advertised closer to the consultation dates under a separate notice.
The Public Information Centre will be held:
Date: January 22nd, 2020
Time: 5pm to 7pm
Where: Innisfil Idealab & Library located at 967 Innisfil Beach Road, Innisfil, Ontario.
Please contact either of the following project team members if you have any questions or comments or wish to obtain more information on this Class EA Study.
|Ms. Amber Leal, C.E.T Capital Project Manager, Town of |
2101 Innisfil Beach Road. Innisfil, ON. L9S 1A1
Phone: 705-436-3740 Ext. 3246
Mr. Ken Chow, P. Eng|
Project Manager, KSGS Engineering
470 Hensall Circle
Mississauga, ON. L5A 3V4
Comments and information are being collected in accordance with the
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. With the
exception of personal information, all comments received will become part of
the public record.
This notice was first issued on November 7, 2019.