Help keep your community clean by collecting litter from road edges, public trails, parks and road ends. The Town of Innisfil’s annual Pitch In event is taking place Saturday, September 18, 2021 with National Cleanup Day. Registration online is required. By registering, you can enter into exciting prize draws!
Clean Up Kits
Pitch In Cleanup Kits include ten yellow garbage bags, gloves, a goodie bag, and a safety tips sheet. Kits are available at:
- Town Hall from September 7-17, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Town Hall on Saturday, September 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., main entrance roundabout driveway.
Please remember to contact us when you have a bag for pick up. Customer Service will ensure that staff come to collect the bag(s). Call 705-436-3710 or email email@example.com for pick up.
To keep this event safe for everyone, please follow these guidelines:
- Practice physical distancing by staying 2 m (6 ft) apart from those outside your household
- Complete the waiver of liability as part of registration
- Wear protective footwear and gloves
- Wear light coloured clothing that covers arms and legs
- Wear a baseball cap or wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen lotion
- Drink lots of fluids while you work especially on hot humid days
- Stay alert for and avoid hazardous plants (e.g. poison ivy) and stinging insects.
For more information about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debbie Mills Civic Pride Award
The Debbie Mills Civic Pride Award recognizes outstanding citizens who take their own initiative and demonstrate civic pride by volunteering their efforts throughout the year to help keep Innisfil clean. Examples of activities include environmental greening, picking up litter, cleaning along the shoreline, or removing brush, debris or graffiti.
To nominate an individual, group or a business, they must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Individuals must be a resident of Innisfil or a business located in Innisfil
- Nomination period is from April 1 to the last Friday in May.
- A panel of judges will choose a finalist and the recipient of the Debbie Mills Civic Pride Award will be presented at a Council meeting in mid-June of each year.