Half Load Restriction
Half Load Restrictions (Town of Innisfil By-law 017-01) will be in place from March 1 through May 1 for all Town roads.
Commercial vehicles are not to exceed a weight of 5,000 kilograms per axle, unless they meet the exceptions under the Highway Traffic Act. For more information please contact Customer Service at (705) 436-3710.
Oversized Load Permits (OSL)
The Town of Innisfil issues permits by which oversize/overweight vehicles and loads may be moved over the highway. Please note that during the Half Load Restriction period (March 1 to May 1) oversized load permits DO NOT apply.
Oversized Load Permits
The Town of Innisfil issues permits by which oversize/overweight vehicles and load may be moved over the highway.
- Applicant must maintain and pay for Comprehensive General Liability Insurance.
- This insurance must be a minimum of $5 million.
- Insurance policy must include The Corporation of the Town of Innisfil as an additional insured party.
- Insurance must be valid during the time period of the permit.
Please note that during “Half Load Restrictions” oversize load permits DO NOT apply.
Half Load Restrictions
- In effect on all Town roads March 1 to May 1.
- Restriction is that no axle of any commercial vehicle shall transmit to the highway, a weight in excess of 5,000 kilograms.
- Apply and Purchase Oversized Load Permit Online
- By-law No. 113-06 - Oversized Loads
- Guide to Oversize/Overweight Vehicles and Loads in Innisfil
- Oversized Loads Application Form
Road Occupancy Permits (ROP)
The Town of Innisfil requires a permit when work is to be done near or on a roadway, be it on the road or boulevard. Work such as repairs on utilities, reconstruction of road, installation of new utilities, bore holes and temporary signage.
Please note - Starting in 2012 the Town will be charging an application fee for Road Occupancy Permits. Please refer to the Town Fee's By-law for rate changes.
- Apply and Purchase Road Occupancy Permit Online
- Road Occupancy Permit Guidelines
- Permit for Road Occupation
- Road Occupancy Permit Insurance Requirements
- Road Occupancy Permit Procedures
- Road Closure Contacts
Entranceway Permits (Excluding Residential Driveways)
The Town of Innisfil requires a permit when constructing a new entranceway or working on an existing entranceway.
For more detailed information please see the Town Engineering Standards (Section 2.4.12 or Standard Drawing 210).
Permit Extension Form
Permit extension forms may be used to extend a Road Occupancy Permit, Entranceway Permit etc. Extension requests need to be requested prior to the current permit expiry date. Extension duration will only be granted for a maximum of ONE year.