The Town of Innisfil's Community Standards Officers are responsible for enforcing municipal parking by-laws.
Why is Parking Restricted?
Parking restrictions are implemented primarily for:
- Ease of access for emergency services
- Improving safety due to vehicle congestion
- Ensuring the enjoyment of local residents
What can I do?
In an emergency, be mindful of the space that emergency vehicles need to maneuver. When parking near an intersection, ensure sight lines are not obstructed. Vehicles parked too close to an intersection present a safety risk to other vehicles and pedestrians. A “No Stopping” sign indicates that you may not stop your vehicle, even momentarily, to pick up or drop off a passenger.
Residents and visitors to Innisfil are reminded to keep the following parking rules in mind, among others:
- Within 9 meters of an intersection.
- Within 9 meters of a fire hydrant.
- Within 1 meter (3.3 feet) of a lane way or driveway.
- Where prohibited by sign.
Do Not Park
- To impede or obstruct the flow of traffic.
- Facing the wrong way.
- To interfere with the clearing of snow or ice.