From November 1, 2017 through to May 1, 2018 please be advised that overnight parking is not permitted on Innisfil's streets from midnight to 7 a.m. Parking is restricted during the winter months to make sure that our Operations snow removal team can clear your street as quickly as possible the first time.
The Town of Innisfil's Community Standards Officers are responsible for enforcing municipal parking by-laws.
Why is Parking Restricted?
Parking restrictions are implemented primarily for:
- Ease of access for emergency services
- Improving safety due to vehicle congestion
- Ensuring the enjoyment of local residents
What can I do?
In an emergency, be mindful of the space that emergency vehicles need to maneuver. When parking near an intersection, ensure sight lines are not obstructed. Vehicles parked too close to an intersection present a safety risk to other vehicles and pedestrians. A “No Stopping” sign indicates that you may not stop your vehicle, even momentarily, to pick up or drop off a passenger.
Residents and visitors to Innisfil are reminded to keep the following parking rules in mind, among others:
- Within 9 meters of an intersection.
- Within 9 meters of a fire hydrant.
- Within 1 meter (3.3 feet) of a lane way or driveway.
- Where prohibited by sign.
Do Not Park
- To impede or obstruct the flow of traffic.
- Facing the wrong way.
- To interfere with the clearing of snow or ice.