The Youth Connex Committee (YCC) is made up of students in grades 8-12, with support from Council, Staff Liaisons and community partners. Our Youth Engagement Strategy supports the YCC. Applications are open to any youth that reside in Innisfil and accepted in November.
- Council may choose to attend the committee meetings
- Staff liaisons that may include staff member from the Leisure Services department
- Community partners (e.g. YMCA)
Why join the YCC
- Participation counts towards volunteer community involvement hours
- Meet new friends
- Add the YCC to your resume
- Show your pride and commitment to your community
The YCC is an eight-month (November – June) commitment. YCC champions may reapply as many years are they wish. Returning youth champions will provide continuity, facilitate growth, and increase the potential impact of the YCC on the community.
Meeting times and locations
Virtual meetings will be scheduled based on what is best for the members. For more information please contact Jodi Longland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-436-3740 Ext. 4310.
To provide the link between Innisfil youth, Town Council and local community partners. This committee will promote youth initiatives and programs that enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of all youth in our community.
The mandate of the Youth Connex Committee (YCC) is to:
- Act in a champion role and provide advice on issues of concern to youth
- Provide new ideas and views to Town Council and staff which are important to youth
- Plan, coordinate, and promote youth events and projects for Innisfil’s youth (e.g. Youth Summit during Local Government Week)
- Encourage youth participation in generating ideas for overall improvements in the Town
Based on the mandate and purpose, the YCC shall create priorities during the school year and develop a timeline with which to focus its attention.
The YCC will:
- Keep Council and the community informed of important matters affecting youth, host workshops/forums, conduct surveys, invite discussions to address priorities and needs that affect youth
- Act as a positive youth champion and play a leadership role in the community
- Support events staged by the YCC
- Enhance the image of Innisfil youth and contribute to the overall well-being of the community