Media Release – June 18, 2020
Innisfil, ON – Beaches across the Town of Innisfil will reopen, effective June 19, 2020.
“Enjoy your day at the beach, but please do so safely,” said Mayor Lynn Dollin. “The actions you take will impact what beach access looks like in the weeks and months to come. While reopening our beaches is good news, we remind residents that it’s absolutely crucial to adhere to public health guidance when enjoying our public spaces.”
To help protect both visitors and staff, the Town is implementing measures to address overcrowding and promote physical distancing at beaches. This includes posted signage, resident-use only parking lots, and increased patrols. The following lots are now resident-use only:
- 9th Line Road End
- 10th Line Park
- 12th/Mapleview Line Park and Lot
- 30th Sideroad North Road End and Dock
- Guest Road Lot
- Shore Acres (Neilly Road Lot)
- Belle Ewart Park
- Innisfil Beach Park (Lots A, B, C, E and F)
The Town is redeploying some staff to ensure that only residents access these parking lots and so that traffic continues to flow in areas around Innisfil Beach Park and the lake.
The Town is counting on individuals to be personally responsible to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep outdoor amenities open. To ensure that individuals and families have safe access to outdoor spaces, it is critical to take everyday actions to reduce exposure to COVID-19:
- Stay home if you’re feeling ill or if you have recently come into contact with someone who is sick.·
- Maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from others. Wear a mask when physical distancing is difficult to protect those around you.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and thoroughly. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Properly dispose of garbage and recyclables. Do not leave sanitizing wipes, masks or gloves on the beaches or in the parks. If receptacles are full, please take your waste home.
Innisfil Summer Camps and Mobile Youth Centre Cancelled
To further prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Innisfil has made the decision to cancel Innisfil Summer Camps and the Mobile Youth Centre for the 2020 season based on the advice of our public health professionals. The Town’s Leisure Services team will be in touch with those affected regarding refunds. Stay tuned for exciting details on our New Town Virtual Camps and “Camp in a Box” offerings, coming to you soon!
For more information on how the Town continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit innisfil.ca/covid19. For health and safety updates from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, visit smdhu.org/covid19.