We welcome the public to participate in meetings of Innisfil Council, which are held in the Council Chambers at Town Hall (2101 Innisfil Beach Road). In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we are holding virtual Council Meetings until further notice. If you can’t attend a meeting, send your comments to email@example.com to be forwarded to the appropriate Service Area.
When are Council Meetings held?
- January to June and September to November: On the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month starting at 7:00 pm.
- August and December: On the 2nd Wednesday only of each month starting at 7:00 pm.
- Council may also hold additional meetings at the call of the Mayor or Clerk upon notice.
- No meetings are held in July. During an Election Year, there are no regular Council meetings held in October or November.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we’ve had to make some adjustments to the way the community can get involved in Council meetings. As always, the agenda will be released the Wednesday before each Council meeting. Meetings will now be held via an online Zoom conference call starting at 7:00 pm. To tune in, visit our Town of Innisfil YouTube Channel.
If you can’t watch the live meeting, rest assured that a recording will be uploaded to our YouTube Channel afterward.
How to participate in virtual Council Meetings
There are three ways that you can participate in virtual Council Meetings.
1. If you wish to delegate on an item:
Complete our Delegation Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to participate during the meeting by delegating on non-agenda items, you must submit the Delegation Form no later than 12:00 pm the Friday before a Council meeting. If it is in regards to an agenda-related item, you must submit the Delegation Form no later than the Monday at 12:00 pm before a Council meeting.
Once confirmed, you will be allowed to speak for up to 10 minutes at the Council meeting. You can join the conference call by phoning in or joining via computer with a link that will be emailed to you from our Clerks team the day before the meeting.
2. If you would like to comment on an item:
Send an email to Clerks at email@example.com. Your email can be circulated to Council and the appropriate staff if you want to submit comments.
3. If you wish to participate in Open Forum Participation
You may register to speak at Open Forum which a maximum of 10 minutes is allocated at the beginning of every Council meeting. Participants have the opportunity to comment on agenda items only, for up to two minutes per participant. Time allotment is dependant upon the number of registrants. You may also provide all comments on agenda items by submitting through the online Open Forum Form, which is submitted to Council for review. The Open Forum Form must be received the Monday before a Council meeting by 4:30 pm. Any comments received will be circulated to Council and Staff.
For more details regarding Delegations, Presentations, Petitions, and Open Forum you can consult the Procedural By-law section 36 through section 40.
Please note that a Livestream Council link is always provided to the public on the Council meeting day and that conference calls will only be given to people who have pre-registered to participate.
If you have any questions about participating in Council Meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend a Council Meeting
To appear before Council, please review the procedures below or contact the Clerk’s Office by calling 705-436-3710 or emailing email@example.com.
Forms can be found here:
Speak at Open Forum
You are invited to speak on an item appearing on the current Council meeting agenda at the beginning of all Regular Council Meetings.
How do I sign up?
There is a sign-up sheet at the reception table, so please add your name.
How much time will I have?
There is a total of 10 minutes allotted for this section of the Council Agenda. The time will be divided by the number of speakers registered on the list for that Council Meeting, and the general practice shall not be longer than 2 minutes.
Please contact the Clerk’s Office if you have any questions, at 705-436-3710.
Submitting a Petition to Council
Residents wanting to initiate a Petition to be submitted to the Town of Innisfil must use the Petition Template. The Clerk will not accept any Petition that is not signed. The Town of Innisfil will contact only the Petition Organizer who represents on signatories.
As per Section 39 of the Town’s Procedural By-law No. 002-18:
- The Clerk may schedule up to three (3) presentations of Petitions at a Regular Meeting with each one not lasting more than five (5) minutes. The subject matter of a Petition need not relate to an Agenda item.
- The Clerk shall refuse to schedule a Petition presentation where the subject matter:
- involves insurance claims;
- involves administrative complaints that have not been reported and investigated through the Customer Service process;
- is beyond the jurisdiction of Council
- involves current or pending litigation; or
- is contrary to MFIPPA.
- Petitions must include at least 10 signatures. Signatories on a Petition are deemed to have waived any expectation of privacy as a result of the record being created for review by the general public.
- Petitions shall contain the printed name, signature, address and phone number of the individuals signing it. Signatures without contact information shall be redacted by the individual or group submitting the Petition.