Your child deserves the best and so do you!
HIGH FIVE is a comprehensive quality standard used by organizations across Canada. It helps organizations deliver high quality programs that are safe, welcoming and respect the individual needs of each child. HIGH FIVE is built around five principles of healthy child development. This ensures that leaders are caring adults and that kids participate fully, make friends, learn skills and have fun! It all adds up to a great program and happy, healthy kids!
The Town of Innisfil is a HIGH FIVE registered organization that provide programs that:
- Are run by staff trained to meet the emotional, social and cognitive needs of kids
- Use child-focused policies and procedures for risk management and safety
- Follow the five Principles of Healthy Child Development to ensure that programs are of the highest quality.
Today, HIGH FIVE holds true to the five Principles of healthy child development that the research indicates are essential for quality programs:
- A Caring Adult,
- The opportunity to make Friends,
- The opportunity to Play,
- The opportunity to Master Skills and
- The opportunity to Participate.
Town of Innisfil is currently working towards making sure all instructors working with participants between the ages of 6-12 have received the Principals in Healthy Childhood development.
To learn more about the program please visit the HIGH FIVE website.