The Innisfil Community Grant Review Committee is an independent body appointed by Council to make funding decisions in response to application requests through the Inspiring Innisfil Fund as part of the Town's grant program.
The Inspiring Innisfil Fund provides grants to community organizations and individuals where the primary purpose is to enhance the quality of life of our residents.
Highlights of the program include:
- Funded from the Spirit of the Community Dinner & Auction, the Mayor’s Golf Tournament and slot revenues from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) facility at Georgian Downs
- New funding streams for release of funds including the Inspiring Innisfil Fund and the Council Discretionary Fund
- Strengthened internal partnerships and administrative empowerment for the benefit of the community
- Support for the guiding principles of the Inspiring Innisfil 2020 strategic direction
- Training and support for applicants
- Establishment of a reserve fund to ensure sustainability
- The establishment of the Innisfil Community Grant Review Committee to review Inspiring Innisfil Fund applications