Please note that 2014 Municipal Election Financial Statements (Form 4) will be posted to the Town of Innisfil's website by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Documents are also available for public viewing at Customer Service during business hours.
Official Municipal Election Results Available Below
The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 requires all municipalities and local boards to establish a Compliance Audit Committee by October 1 of an election year. In compliance with the Act, the Township of Adjala-Tosorontio, The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, The Township of Essa, The Town of Innisfil and The Town of New Tecumseth have cooperatively worked together to establish the South Simcoe Compliance Audit Committee.
The purpose of the South Simcoe Compliance Audit Committee is to:
- consider whether to grant or reject a compliance audit request made by an elector;
- where an audit is granted, appoint an auditor and review the auditor's report;
- in light of the auditor's report, decide whether legal proceedings shall be commenced.
Compliance Audit Process
If an eligible elector believes, on reasonable grounds, a candidate has contravened the rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 (the Act) relating to election campaign finances, he or she can request a compliance audit of the candidate's finances.
The application for a compliance audit must be made to:
- the Clerk in the case of a candidate who ran for an office on Council
- the secretary of the school board in the case of a candidate who ran for trustee for that school board
The application must be made within 90 days after the latest of:
- the primary filing date (March 27, 2015)
- s78 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996
- the supplementary filing date (September 25, 2015)
- s 78 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996
- the filing date for the final financial statement
- s79.1 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996
- the date on which the candidate's extension, if any, expires
- s80(4) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996
Deadline for submission is June 25, 2015 by 4:30 P.M.