Friday Harbour is a mixed-use, recreation-based development in the Town of Innisfil. The development is to be located on approximately 239 hectares of land bounded by Big Bay Point Road to the north and west, Thirteenth Line to the south and Lake Simcoe to the east. Friday Harbour will be a pedestrian friendly “new urbanist” style resort community consisting of a mix of resort residential, commercial, entertainment and recreational uses. The Resort is proposed to be an all season destination, and will include the following components:
- a 30 ha resort residential area with a maximum of 1,600 resort residential units, primarily in apartment form on the eastern portion of the site;
- 100% non-permanent residential tenure;
- the harbour with access to Lake Simcoe and a maximum of 1,000 boat slips;
- the harbour will include newly constructed islands with waterfront townhomes;
- an 18 hole Doug Carrick designed championship golf course and clubhouse;
- a recreation centre;
- a theatre;
- hotels and conference facilities with a minimum of 400 rooms;
- 8,000 m2 of commercial uses;
- provision of 87ha Environmental Protection area (EPA) in the central portion of the Resort lands; and
- a public road traversing the site through the EPA, connecting Big Bay Point Road to Thirteenth Line.
The developer of this project is Geranium Corporation. The Town of Innisfil has retained an independent professional firm to monitor work by Geranium and its contractors, and to ensure that the project is developed in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, including environmental regulations and approved plans.