First Aid Services

Event organizers should consider having first aid services from a certified provider to protect the health and well being of the public that are in attendance.  Most first aid companies require at least 8 weeks notice to be booked for an event, so it is best to apply for their services will in advance.

For events providing first aid services, it is recommended that all staff and volunteers for the event be made aware of who is providing first aid services and how to proceed in the case of an emergency.  It is recommended that 2-way radios be utilized by event staff during large and high-risk events in case of emergency.

Fireworks & Open Flame

In accordance with the Ontario Fire Code and Town of Innisfil By-Law 084-16 fireworks or open flames on Town property require permission from the Town Council.

Process to Request Approval for Fireworks

The following information needs to be provided for approval consideration:

  • date and time of fireworks
  • location of fireworks
  • type and class of fireworks to be displayed
  • name and address of pyrotechnics company
  • proof of minimum of $5 million liability insurance for the fireworks, which would be in addition to overall event insurance
  • proof of fireworks/pyrotechnics display business license

No fireworks can take place without advance approval being granted prior to the event and an inspection by the Innisfil Fire Department.

Fireworks taking place on Town of Innisfil property may be required to provide a damage deposit depending on the size and anticipated attendance.