The Community Calendar will permit community groups to place advertisements on the Town's website and communicate with the widest possible audience. It is intended that every effort will be made to accommodate everyone; however, Town needs and requirements will prevail.
- The Community Calendar may contain items that are of interest to the general public of Innisfil, such as Announcements/Advertisements from local outside agencies, community groups, not-for-profit organizations, etc. (i.e. Lions, Communities In Bloom, Legion, Canadian Blood Services, etc.).
- The Community Calendar shall not contain:
- Articles or advertisements promoting the goals, achievements or opinions of individual members of Council, Staff or the Public.
- Announcements/Advertisements that contain offensive, harmful, derogatory language about or motivated by a person's race, colour, citizenship, national origin, age, religion, creed, language, marital status, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or any other prohibited ground of discrimination as per the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Any commercial for-profit promotions, unless it involves an event in partnership with the Town, or this submission is completed by the benefiting charity/community group.
- Any personal information that contravenes the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Procedure for Community Calendar Postings All requests for postings from community groups and organizations shall be submitted to Clerks Services by way of a written request, or submission of online form, with the event details including: name, date, time, brief details. Upon receipt, submissions will be reviewed by an internal staff committee to review any content. The decision of the committee regarding content, scheduling and posting on the Town or Community Calendar is final. Best efforts will be made to post any approved events in a timely, manner - typically five business days or less.