Choose who makes key decisions for you and your community by voting in Innisfil's municipal election this fall. The municipal election is happening on Monday, October 24, 2022. 

2022 Voters’ Guide - Ontario municipal council and school board elections

Who can vote?

To be eligible to vote in Innisfil’s municipal election, you must be:

  • A Canadian citizen
  • At least 18 years old 
  • A resident, owner or tenant of land in the Town of Innisfil or the spouse of such tenant or owner
  • Not prohibited from voting under any law

You may only vote once in the Town of Innisfil municipal election regardless of how many properties you own or rent within the town. 

Information for students

If you are a student and consider your “home” to be the place where you live when you are not attending school, which means you plan on returning there, then you are eligible to vote in both your “home” municipality and in the municipality where you currently live while attending school. 

If you are a student attending school in another city, please check with the Clerk of that municipality to find out what your voting options are.

Who cannot vote

You are prohibited from voting on voting day if you are:

  • Serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution
  • A corporation
  • Acting as executor or trustee or in another representative capacity, except as a voting proxy
  • Convicted of a corrupt practice described in section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996
Voting for a School Board

School boards can cover a large area of a municipality. You are only allowed to vote for the same school board once. If you are eligible to vote in Innisfil because you are the owner or tenant (or spouse of an owner or tenant) of a commercial property in Innisfil, you are not eligible to vote for school trustee.

To vote for a particular school board, you must be a supporter of that school board. “Supporter” refers to which school board the school portion of your property taxes goes to. The default is the public school system. In order to be a Catholic School supporter you must direct your taxes to the Catholic School system. Contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (1-866-296-6722) for more information.

Make sure you're on the Voters List

Voter Lookup Tool

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for preparing the preliminary list of electors for each municipality and school board in Ontario. It is MPAC’s database of property owners and tenants that is used to prepare this preliminary list, which helps prepare the final voters’ list for Election Day.

Use the Voter Lookup Tool to verify your information and encourage friends and family to do the same. Eligible electors can:

  • Confirm or update their electoral information
  • Add an elector name to an address
  • Change school support for the purpose of voting in a school board election

For any questions, please contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 or TTY 1-877-889-6722.