If a person, corporation or trade union intends to spend money between May 2, 2022 and election day on advertisements or other materials that support, promote or oppose a candidate in the upcoming municipal election, or a question on the ballot, they are required to register as a third party advertiser with the Town of Innisfil's Clerk.

Register as a third party advertiser

The registration period for a third party advertiser for the next municipal election opened on May 2. A third party advertiser cannot spend money on their campaign, accept contributions or begin advertising until their registration is certified by the Town Clerk.

Forms and guides

Visit CivicWeb for third party advertiser information and resources, including:

  • 2022 Guide for Third Party Advertisers
  • Notice of registration
  • Declaration of qualifications
  • Election sign deposit form
  • Financial statement - Auditor's report 
  • Consent to release personal information


You are eligible to register as a third party advertiser if you are:

  • An individual who is normally resident in Ontario
  • A corporation that carries on business in Ontario
  • A trade union that holds bargaining rights for employees in Ontario

You are not eligible to register as a third party advertiser if you are a:

  • Candidate whose nomination has been filed under section 33 of the Municipal Elections Act
  • Federal political party registered under the Canada Elections Act or any federal constituency association or registered candidate at a federal election endorsed by that party
  • Provincial political party, constituency association, registered candidate or leadership contestant registered under the Election Finances Act
  • Crown in right of Canada or Ontario, a municipality or local board
  • Group, association or business that is not a corporation
  • Registered third party advertiser who failed to file the necessary financial statement or exceeded any of the spending limits in the last municipal election or by-election