You will need a permit for the following projects:
- A structure larger than 10m2 (107sqft)
- Building any addition to your home
- Carports or garages
- Structural alterations
- Adding or filling in a window/door
- Moving or lifting your house
- Installing a wood stove or fireplace
- Finishing a basement or adding a basement entrance
- Creating a Second Dwelling Unit
- Septic System, new construction or repairs
- Installing an in-ground or above-ground pool
- Installing Solar Panels
- Plumbing, new construction or changes
- Tents (648 sqft / 60m2 or more)
You might need a permit for:
- Replacing windows, doors, roofing or siding
- New interior wall, floor or ceiling finishes
- Repairing a chimney, porch, deck or roof
- Repairs to basement waterproofing
- Replacing a furnace
If you are unsure if a permit is required, please call 705-436-3710 to discuss the details of your project.
Check that you can meet the Town of Innisfil’s Zoning By-law. There are zoning provisions that affect your property – overall lot coverage, setbacks, building height and even type of zoning may have an impact on your project. If the project does not require a building permit, the Zoning By-law still applies.
To learn more about the zoning of your property, try our online zoning tool.