What is Phase 1?
To examine the heritage signifance of properties across the Cookstown Study Area and determine if the designation of a Heritage Conservation District within this area is warranted, desirable, and supported by the community.
What is Phase 2?
If Council decides to proceed with the designation process, an HCD Plan must be prepared, pursuant to Part V of the Ontario Heritage Act for lands that are in the Heritage Conservation area.
Public Information Session (February 2013)
Public Information Session (March 2013)
Public Presentation to Council (May 2013)
Open House/Workshop (September 2013)
Statutory Public Meeting (November 2013)
Public Presentation to Council (February 2014)
Staff Report DSR-090-12 (Attachment: Terms of Reference)
Staff Report DSR-090-13 (Attachment: Phase 1 HCD Study Area Report)
Appendices to DSR-192-13:
- Appendix A & B – HCD and CIP Maps
- Appendix C – Cookstown HCD Study Report
- Appendix D – Cookstown HCD Plan and Design Guidelines
- Appendix E – Cookstown CIP Background Review and Discusison Paper
- Appendix F – Cookstown Improvement Plan – Draft
- Appendix G – Cookstown HCD Frequently Asked Questions
- Appendix H – Shipley Report: Heritage Designation and Property Values
Staff Report DSR-015-14 (Implementation of a Heritage Conservation and Community Improvement Plan for Cookstown)
September 2013 Workbook (due by September 24 2013)